Starting in September, Tualatin Hills Park & Recreation District will offer at least one free open swim a week at one of six indoor swim centers. The expanded program gives patrons more opportunities for aquatic fitness and fun throughout the year while encouraging exploration of the district’s different swim centers.
This offering augments the popular Free First Friday swims, which were held on the same day at all the aquatic centers.
“Staggering the sessions gives patrons more access,” says Sharon Hoffmeister, manager of Aquatics. “Now no one is locked into one specific day at a facility.
The new schedule is as follows:
- Conestoga Recreation & Aquatic Center, 9985 SW 125th Ave, Beaverton, hosts on the first Friday of every month.
- Tualatin Hills Aquatic Center, 15707 SW Walker Rd, Beaverton, hosts on the second Wednesday of every month.
- Harman Swim Center, 7300 SW Scholls Ferry Rd, Beaverton, hosts on the second Saturday of every month.
- Beaverton Swim Center, 12850 SW Third St, Beaverton, hosts on the third Friday of every month.
- Sunset Swim Center, 13707 NW Science Park Dr, Portland, hosts on the fourth Sunday of every month.
- Aloha Swim Center, 18650 SW Kinnaman Rd, Aloha, hosts on the fourth Tuesday of every month.
For more detailed information, please visit thprd.org/activities/aquatics/free-open-swims or call a swim center directly.
Formed in 1955, THPRD is the largest special park district in Oregon, spanning 50 square miles and serving about 250,000 residents in the greater Beaverton area. The district provides year-round recreational opportunities for people of all ages and abilities. Offerings include thousands of widely diverse classes, 95 park sites with active recreational amenities, nearly 70 miles of trails, eight swim centers, six recreation centers, and about 1,500 acres of natural areas. For more information, visit www.thprd.org or call 503-645-6433.
Keith Watson, CPRP
Community Programs Manager
|Date: August 27, 2018
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Click here for official release (PDF).