THPRD's budget, which serves as a financial plan, operational plan and operations guide for all district activities, is currently being prepared for the 2016-17 fiscal year.
The district's award-winning budgeting process includes opportunities for public input prior to adoption, which is scheduled for June 20. An appointed 10-person Budget Committee, which includes THPRD's Board of Directors, provides formal oversight of the budgeting process.
The district's new fiscal year begins July 1, 2016. Changes after adoption require either a resolution by the Board of Directors or a supplemental budget process.
- Feb. 22 - Midyear Budget Review Meeting (public input)
- Apr. 7 - Publish notice & post notice on THPRD website
- Apr. 13 - Deliver proposed budget to budget committee (view PDF)
- Apr. 18 - Budget Committee Work Session (public input)
- Apr. 28 - Publish notice
- May 5 - Post notice on THPRD website
- May 16 - Budget Committee Meeting to Approve Budget (public input)
- June 9 - Publish notice and summary
- June 20 - Hold Public Hearing to Adopt Budget (public input)
- July 15 - Tax levy certified by Washington County
For more information on the district budget, visit the Budget & Finance page.